of Use of WSI USPLN Weather Data
by Unidata Participants
By use of the WSI Corporation weather data supplied to the Unidata community and identified below (the “Data”), you, the university or other educational or research institution participating in the Unidata community defined below (the “Institution”), hereby agree to the following terms and conditions with respect to the use of the Data:
2. Ownership and Copyright of Data. You acknowledge that WSI, and its licensors, own and shall own all right, title and interest in the Data, including without limitation all copyrights thereto. You agree not to alter, delete or remove any copyright or other legal notices included within the Data and to include such notices in all displays of the Data. You agree to promptly notify WSI if you become aware of any unauthorized use of the Data or infringement of the WSI copyright thereto.
3. Attribution. In the event someone in or affiliated with the Institution desires to publish an article making reference to the Data or otherwise including any results thereof (a “Publication”), you agree to ensure that any such Publication shall include attribution for WSI as the owner of the Data.
4. No Warranty. You acknowledge that the Data is provided to you “AS IS” and without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. You acknowledge that the Data may contain errors or inaccuracies and may be incomplete, untimely or unreliable and that WSI shall have no responsibility thereof. To the fullest extent permissible by law, WSI disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for the use of the Data by anyone in the Institution or otherwise authorized by you and this Agreement to access the Data.
5. Limitation on Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall WSI or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Data. If you are dissatisfied with any Data, or with any of these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Data.
Law; Other. These terms and
conditions shall be governed by
7. Termination. WSI may at any time terminate the transmission of the Data or your right to access the Data without notice or further obligation or liability. Upon termination of the Agreement, you shall destroy any and all Data then in your possession.